Friday, June 14, 2013

Courtyard Marriott Bangkok

As I need to clock 6 stays within 3 month to complete the Marriott Rewards Gold Taste, I decided to divide my 2 nights stay in Bangkok on early April 2013 into 2 different properties,  Marriott Bangkok Sukhumvit and Courtyard by  Marriott.

The hotel is located off the Ratchadamri Road.  There is a soi before Four Season hotel, and it is about 200 meters deep inside.  There is also small street that bring you to Langsuan area.   There are quite some numbers of hotel inside  Soi Mahadlekluang 1 itself.

The lobby has a very interesting décor and I found it rather colourful.




As a Gold member I have been upgraded and able to access to club lounge.  I later found out (when I stayed in Courtyard Toronto) that it is not a norm for a Courtyard hotel to have a club lounge.

The room is decent, however, I smelt not so nice smell in the room.  When I called the Front Office, they came with a air refresher and spray my room.  It seems to me quite common problem.

The bath room is also rather small and no bath tube.




Breakfast at Momo café is also not bad, again not the best breakfast that I ever had in Bangkok, but it is quite ok selection. 

During breakfast, I also found out that the KLM crew stays in this property.

Verdict
I believe until this moment, this property is still the cheapest Marriott Brand hotel in Bangkok.  Although the location is not very close to BTS, it is still bearable within reasonable walking distance.  

As a Gold member, you will get a lounge access (although the food is not as fantastic as Marriott Sukhumvit, it is ok) and free breakfast. 

So I will definitely keep this property in my list if I come to Bangkok.


No comments: