Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit

So after the train ride to Bangkok, I decided to stay at Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit as there was an opening rate special.  The stay was on early April 2013.

The hotel location is just short walking distance from Thonglor Station BTS station.  The location is at the main road of Sukhumvit near Thonglor which is famous with the Japanese expat.  It is 2 station away from Asoke which is more crowded area with shopping malls around.  Across the hotel (soi 38) has a lot of street food at night.

The hotel is actually sharing the same building with Bangkok Marriott Executive Apartments.  If I am not wrong the Apartment is in the lower level and the hotel is on the higher floor.

There are 2 separates lifts that bring you to either apartment or hotels.  The lift is quite high tech and touch screen.

 
 
 
I believe I have been upgraded to Executive room as a Gold member.  The lounge for the hotel is not ready at that time, so they give me access to the apartment lounge which is one of the best lounge that ever been to.
 
My room is corner room with a L shape I think, so the corridor area is a waste of space in my opinion.  The room is rather "white" and have a big bath room area with nice round bath tube and a big window for you to enjoy the city view.  The working desk is rather small.   As I arrive rather late, so the pictures were taken on the next morning, so pardon the mess on the bed.
 









At the top floor at the hotel, I believe there will be a bar with a very nice city view.  It has not been completed when I stayed there.  It has a good city view and should be nice at night.






Verdict - nice hotel, location is good (although not so great) with a nice street food.  The lounge at the top should be very nice.  So if the price is matching my budget, I do not mind to stay in this hotel again.

 



No comments: