Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Holiday Inn Express SOHO, Hongkong

I was on business trip to Hong Kong end of September.  Originally, I was thinking to extend over the weekend and go to Shenzhen.  However, as it is too close to Golden week, I decided not to go to Shenzhen as I was worry to be caught into the jam in the traffic crossing the causeway.

After searching high and low for "cheap" hotel in HKG, as I cannot manage to get a flight back home on Friday night, as I was not aware that 1-Oct is also a holiday in HKG, which make it that Friday as a extended weekend for people taking Monday off, I decided to stay in Holiday Inn Express SOHO as it has agood review.

Holiday Inn Express (HIX) SOHO is located in Sheung Wan area.   Actually the location is about 5 minutes walk to Sheung Wan MTR station (exit A2).  It is also quite a walking distance to Central (about 15 minutes walk).

The hotel is rather tall, 38 floor if I remember correctly.  The room is typical HIX style and it is quite comfortable for Hong Kong standard.








The bath room is rather small (well what you expect as it is HIX), but interestingly, the bath room door is also served as the shower area door.  If you close the shower are door, you cannnot close the bath room area, if you close the bath room area, then it means you open the shower area.  It is quite intersting.

Here is the view from my room on the 25th floor.


Not so bad view, as you can see the Kowloon side although a little bit bloced by some buildings closer to the water.

Internet connection is free and also breakfast.  The breakfast is served on the 2nd floor in the Moon Thai restaurant.  You can see in the lift that it has been highlighted that the restaurant is run by independent operator rather than the hotel, hence HIX or IHG is not responsible for anyting related to the restaurant.   You are given the coupon upon check-in which you need to show every time you go for breakfast.  I guess at the end of the day, the restaurant will need to submit the coupon to get paid by the hotel.

Breakfast is OK.   However, I saw the exact same items for both days I stayed there.

I am a IHG Platinum, however, as this is HIX, I did not expect anything.  But surprisingly, the housekeeping came to my room and gave me 3 cans of drinks and 1 oreo biscuit!!!

Overall, it is decent hotel in Hong Kong.




No comments: